ReefKeepingBasics.com

ReefKeepingBasics.com
 A Reef Keeping Forum for Hobbyists 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
 Reef Keeping Basics Online Resource CenterReef Keeping Basics Online Resource Center   Eric V. Van Der Hope's BlogEric V. Van Der Hope's eZine/Blog
The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:45 am
All times are UTC - 8
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
 Forum index » RKB's General Information Area » Important Announcements
Read Here Before Posting
Moderators: Mod Team
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
Reef Tsunami
Host/Administrator

Read Here Before Posting
Membership Guidelines - Please Read

To all members of RKB's,

In keeping with the high standards that I'd like to maintain here - I'm introducing a few guidelines for those who'd like to participate at RKB's. Razz

1. Please read this post! Very Happy Shocked

2. When you sign up as a member here, please introduce yourself. There is a specific section dedicated just for this reason, it's the 'New' Members Section. We'd all like to get to 'know' you, so don't be shy, feel free to tell us about yourself, your tank - if you have one or what your plans are of getting one! Exclamation

3. If you are an established 'salty' or 'reefer' and you have a tank - please take the time to post your tank photo and details of your system in the 'Show Tanks' section. This is where our members can see for themselves why we love this hobby! Mr. Green

4. If you do choose to post, and it's your first time, and you have questions about a specific problem you are experiencing, than please follow the guidelines explained below:

a. This forum is a friendly family oriented forum, that being said, please use common sense and good judgement when interacting with others here at RKB's.

b. Generally speaking all posts will be answered the same day. This however all depends on everyone here. We all have busy lives so sometimes your post will not be answered right away! Please be patient - you'll hear alot about this quality at this forum as well as in this hobby! Shocked

c. Come back and read your reply! I've seen so many individuals not do this! You came here for anwers right . . . ! So take the time to come back and learn what was explained. Please participate and enjoy he benefits of the resources provided here. Very Happy

It's important to understand that the more information you provide, the better answer we can give you. Remember, we can't see your tank, so you need to be as descriptive as possible. Shocked

Some ideas on what you should share with us:

1. How long have you been in the hobby? Are you a 'newbie', intermediate or advanced?

2. Provide brief history of your tank such as how long it's been established?

3. What's the size of your tank? Is it glass, acrylic?

4. How many fish, corals, inverts do you have and what are they?

5. Provide your filtration methods - what are you using, is it used regularly or periodically?

6. What kinds of filter media are you using, such as carbon, phosphate sponge, etc, and how often do you change?

7. Provide your water parameters such as ammonia, pH, Nitrites, Nitrates, salinity, calcium level and temperature.

8. Do you use a heater and/or chiller?

9. What type of lighting arrangements are you using?

10. In the case that you feel that your wet fishy pet has a disease, list as much information as you can such as the symptoms you observe as well as any and all weird behavior.

11. What kind of tank maintanence are you providing? Is it regular or is it done when you can 'fit it into your schedule'?

12. How often do you change the water and how much as a percentage or how many gallons?

These are the most common questions that need to be asked, if you can provide this info in advance, it will greatly enhance our troubleshooting techniques! Razz

If you feel I've missed something, anyone can message me to let me know and I'll
add it to the list! Cool

Thanks for reading this post. All of us here welcome you to RKB's! Let's have some fun! Wink

Happy Reefing! Shocked

Awesome Dude

Sincerely,

Eric
(((Reef Tsunami)))
http://www.reefkeepingbasics.com

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:16 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » RKB's General Information Area » Important Announcements
Jump to: