ReefKeepingBasics.com

ReefKeepingBasics.com
 A Reef Keeping Forum for Hobbyists 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
 Reef Keeping Basics Online Resource CenterReef Keeping Basics Online Resource Center   Eric V. Van Der Hope's BlogEric V. Van Der Hope's eZine/Blog
The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:47 am
All times are UTC - 8
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
 Forum index » Specialty Areas » Nano Tanks & Refugiums
Redefining "Idiot Proof"....
Moderators: Mod Team
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
diamondjim

Redefining "Idiot Proof"....

Took my stick nano tank and set it up at my flea market booth this weekend. Can't sell live animals, but I CAN build tanks and sell them. Thought it would be easier if I could show people what the tank was designed for.

AIPTASIA.

I tried to design my system to be idiot proof, to bring an exotic saltwater aninal into the realm of "normal" life... you remember? Life before salt water addiction set in and fish tanks started sprining up in every corner of your house?

Hahahahahahahahahaha...

I missed the definition of "IDIOT PROOF" by LIGHTYEARS.

One woman stared at the tank for a half hour, puzzled...finally she asks..."Where does the water keep comin from?" Like it was some sort of magic trick...the pouring beer mug thing. I could not for the life of me explain to her it was simply being pumped up from the chamber below...

Next one starts moaning and groaning about how hard it is to keep salt water...how "difficult" it is to keep the salinity right. Even though this nano is designed to reduce evaporation and salt creep...to contain the water almost completely...just one small vent hole in the lid. Even if you do space out on the salt content, aiptasia is very tough to kill... This tank is easier to keep than a gold fish. She still walks off grumbling that salt water is just too hard...no feeding, no cleaning, add an ounce of water a couple of times a week. How hard is that????

And over and over and over..."What is it?"

It's an anemone.

"Where's Nemo?"

Or after I explain aiptasia strings corals..."Can I touch it?"

Yeah, THAT'S a good idea.

Idiot Proof? Not even close...

Maybe I'll just go back to selling pet rocks...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:16 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Tizzo
RKB's Advisor

hahaha!!!

People are...dumb.

I saw an episode of "candid camera" where they put an empty tank in front of a pet store and put an "invisible fish $.99 ea. " on top.

People went nuts trying to spot the fish! Then had the audacity to get mad about the fact that the store was trying to make money on a species you could barely see!!

SOME people even claimed they could see one every here and there.

Yup. Rocks. But not saltwater rocks, cause salt water is to difficult.
Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:53 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Specialty Areas » Nano Tanks & Refugiums
Jump to: